Encounter God in Community
The Sunday message is the open door to encountering what God has in store for you! Many of our Life Groups use the Sermon 2.0 Discussion Guide to go deeper into the passage of Scripture and application points from the weekend’s message. This is a time to have open conversation, ask questions, laugh a little or a lot, and learn from others. Our heart is to see your faith in God grow as you apply the truths of the Bible to your everyday life.
We believe you can encounter God through the context of relationships and want you to experience this in a Life Group! Apply the truths of the Bible and see your faith in God grow as you build new relationships with others in your group.
Sermon 2.0 Discussion Guide
You can have an unlimited supply of one thing the rest of your life. What would it be?
This Week’s Scripture
Have a volunteer read a part of this weekend’s passage 2 Corinthians 8:1-15. Take a minute & write down any observations, questions, or points.
- What can you see about who God is?
- What does this show you about God’s relationship with you?
- What is an application point from this passage? How can you apply this point to your life today?
- What challenges you within this passage? Why?
Generous living is giving what you have to add value to others.
- How have you experienced the generous living of others in your life? What type of impact did it make then and has it still impacted you?
- What is easier for you — grace through presence or grace through provision? What challenges you with either of these “graces”? How can you take steps to grow either area that challenges you?
- How does generous living invite the favor of God into your life?
- How has God blessed you? How can you take how God has blessed you to live generously?
- What can you personally do to live generously in your life? What can you as a group do to live generously and be a blessing to others? How can you add value to others with the way you live?
Scripture Focused Prayer
As for the rich in this present age, charge them not to be haughty, nor to set their hopes on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly provides us with everything to enjoy. They are to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous and ready to share.
1 Timothy 6:17-18
God has generously blessed us with His riches. Thank the Lord for His provision and His presence in our lives. Ask Him for areas you are in need spiritually, emotionally, and physically. Ask Him for how you can be prepared to be generous and share with others. Pray He may use you to live generously and be a light to those needing to find hope.