We Are Stronger Together
The second half of sporting events are the pivotal point of every game. It’s here that teams apply their game plan from what they learned in the first half of the game. Teams find out more about their character, how to use their abilities, and how to persevere through stressful moments. Teams are Stronger Together as they come together.
The second half discussion guide is designed to help your small group take the weekly Gracepoint sermon and begin to apply it in life-changing ways. Our heart is to see your faith in God grow as you apply the truths of the Bible to your everyday life within the context of relationship. Your team of group members becomes Better Together as you meet together and build on the foundation of God’s Word.
Faith Works: James 5:7-12
If you could meet any living person for dinner, who would you pick and why?
Read & Refresh
Have a volunteer read James 5:7-12. What was a main takeaway for yourself? What is an application point you are ready to apply?
Three times James references being patient or standing firm within this passage. What can we learn from the farmer as they are waiting for their crop to be ready for harvest?
- Why should we be patient in slow or difficult times of life?
- What should we be watchful of as we are patient and stand firm? Why is this an area of our life we should be watching?
Being patient in the midst of a difficult time can be really challenging for any person. Read 2 Corinthians 12:7-10. Paul speaks of a thorn in his flesh that he prayed to have taken away. What did he learn through the weakness that he had?
- How can we be made strong in our weakness? How can this help us patiently endure through trials, temptations, and persecution?
- What is a weakness you can admit to the Lord that can allow Christ’s power to be displayed in you?
Time to Stretch
If you could choose your age forever, what age would you choose and why is this the perfect age?
Read Philippians 1:27-30. Paul is speaking about how we can live a gospel centered life no matter our current circumstances.
- What does it look like to “conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ”?
- Why is this important as a follower of Christ?
- How can being around other Christians help you stand firm and move forward in your faith?
- What circumstances can your group be praying for to help you?
Our life can be challenging especially as we our in the midst of a trial or difficult situation. Let’s apply the words of James and stand firm and know that the Lord is full of compassion and mercy. Look to the King who understands every weakness we have and challenge we face. Lean into His power and trust the future that He has in store for you.
Have a great rest of your week!